|Candidates wishing to sit for all professional examinations must register with the Legal Practice Council before the deadline of 4 February 2022. The registration for the second session will open from 6 June to 8 July 2022.
Information and registration forms can be accessed on the Legal Practice Council website here. Use the drop-down menu to scroll to ‘Examinations’. Please note that the 2022 syllabi will be uploaded once they are available.
|Competency-Based Examinations for Admission as an Attorney
[Legal Practice Act, 2014: Section 26(1)(d), Rules 21.1 and 21.2]
|First session: 15 and 16 March 2022
Second session: 16 and 17 August 2022
|2022 Admission Exam Syllabus
|Competency-Based Examination for Admission as a Conveyancer||First session: 6 and 13 April 2022
Second session: 7 and 14 September 2022
|Conveyancing examination syllabus (2022): Download
LEAD conveyancing exam prep course here
6 April/ 7 September 2022 Paper 1 Statutes and case law applicable to conveyancing
13 April/ 14 September 2022 Paper 2 The practice and procedure of conveyancing. Drafting of deeds, certificates, applications, consents, agreements and other documents.
|Competency-Based Examination for Admission as a Notary||First session: 7 April 2022
Second session: 8 September 2022
|Notarial examination syllabus (2022): Download
LEAD notarial exam prep course here
|Competency-Based Examination for Advocates’ Admission Examination||First session: 6, 7 and 13 April 2022
Second session: 7, 8 and 14 September 2022
6 April/7 September 2022 – Paper 1 and Paper 2
7 April/8 September 2022 – Paper 3 and Paper 4
13 April/14 September 2022 – Paper 5
Register for the examinations
Registration for all the above examinations is with the Legal Practice Council – ensure that you register before the deadline set by the Legal Practice Council:
- Gauteng provincial office: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (012) 338 5829
- Western Cape provincial office: email@example.com Tel: (021) 21 443 6700
- KwaZulu-Natal provincial office: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (033) 345 345 1304
- Free State provincial office: email@example.com Tel: (051) 447 3237
- Eastern Cape provincial office: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (043) 050 1025
- Limpopo provincial office: email@example.com Tel: (015) 590 0389
- North West provincial office: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (018) 011 0093
- Northen Cape provincial office: email@example.com Tel: (053) 050 0508/9
- Mpumalanga provincial office: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (017) 200 2487
Please note: Candidates should report for the examination at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement thereof. Candidates are required to, on the day of the examination, properly identify themselves by providing his/her identity document or passport. NO candidate will be permitted to write any examination if satisfactory proof of identity is not provided.
No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination 30 minutes after the commencement of the examination and no candidate will be permitted to leave the examination venue within 30 minutes of commencement of the examination.
After conclusion of the examination and when handing in the examination book, each candidate must sign the register for the paper written.
Past exam papers
Past exam papers and model answers are available for free from LEAD: Click here
LEAD Conveyancing and Notarial Courses