- Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014 (as amended by the Legal Practice Amendment Act 16 of 2017 - GN 33 in GG 41389 of 18 January 2018).
Wet op Regspraktyk 28 van 2014 (Afrikaans version): View/Download / Lokwalodikgang La Puso, 2014 (Setswana version): View/Download.
- Section 109(1)(a) Regulations gazetted on 31 August 2018. View here.
- Section 94 Regulations (also referred to as s 109(1)(bA) Regulations) gazetted on 29 October 2018. View here.
- Rules in terms of s 95(1) and (3) gazetted on 20 July 2018. View here.
- Amended Rule 16 (Provincial Council elections) gazetted on 21 December 2018 in GG42127: View here.
- An amended Rule 21.11 of the Rules previously published under the authority of ss 95(1), 95(3) and 109(2) of the Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014 (as amended), on 20 July 2018 in GG 41781 as been published. Rule 21 deals with the requirements for the examinations or assessments to be undertaken by persons wishing to be enrolled as legal practitioners.
- Code of Conduct - the draft Code of Conduct has been published for comment by the Legal Practice Council. Deadline for comment: 7 February 2019. View here. View the LSSA's submissions to the LPC here.
- Memorandum: Candidate Attorneys serving under articles of clerkship during transition to Legal Practice Council. View here